Welcome to PAINWeek! To ensure a safe, professional, and educational experience for all, please respect the following rules:
Tickets, badges, and bracelets are nontransferable, nonexchangeable, nonrefundable, and revocable and void if altered. The badge must be used by the same person on all days during its period of validity. Replacement badges are $100 and can be obtained at the onsite conference registration desk; photo ID will be required.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing. For verification, if you are calling to cancel, we will still require you to send an email to email@example.com with your intent to cancel. You will receive confirmation of your cancellation via email. Cancellations received:
- Within 24 hours of registration are fully refundable
- More than 60 days prior to the conference are refundable minus $100 administrative fee
- 60 days or fewer before the PAINWeek National Conference are nonrefundable
Persons who register and fail to attend will not receive a refund. PAINWeek, at its sole discretion, may transfer your registration to an upcoming conference or to a healthcare provider colleague. Cancellation of your conference registration does not automatically cancel your hotel room reservation. Please contact the hotel to cancel your room; penalties may apply.
Checks should be made payable to PAINWeek, 1801 North Military Trail, Suite 200, Boca Raton, FL 33431. Please include the name of all registrant(s) on the check. Checks must be received within 30 days of registration to qualify for conference rate at time of registration. PAINWeek reserves the right to cancel a registration or increase registration fee (per the published fee structure) if payment is not received within 30 days.
Guests, friends, family members, children, and spouses/partners of registered attendees are not permitted to attend any PAINWeek events or courses including, but not limited to, the Welcome and Closing Receptions or have access to the Exhibit Hall.
If your guest, friend, family member, child, spouse/partner is a healthcare provider/clinician, s/he must still register at the prevailing registration rate.
- Sales of goods or services, or the display of goods or services, unless by a confirmed PAINWeek exhibitor
- Distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind unless prior approval has been obtained
- Engaging in any unsafe act that may impede the operations of PAINWeek or any part thereof
- Unauthorized access or entry into any back of house areas, service areas, or areas designated as conference or venue staff only
- Unauthorized events, speeches, or use of any flag, banner, sign, or other materials for commercial purposes, or as part of a demonstration
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind, or otherwise engaging in any activity for unapproved commercial or journalistic purposes without prior approval
- Unauthorized solicitations of any kind, whether commercial, religious, educational, or otherwise, or conducting any unauthorized commercial activities, including solicitations of money or other contributions or donations
- Obstructing entrances, doors, vestibules, stairways, corridors, halls, etc.
- Firearms, ammunition, knives, and weapons of any kind
- Self-defense or restraining devices (eg, pepper spray, mace, tasers)
- Marijuana or any other illegal substances
- Objects or toys that appear to be firearms or weapons
- Fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects and smoke machines
- Folding chairs or stools
- Horns, whistles, megaphones, or artificial noise makers
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote-controlled toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, or shoes with built-in wheels
- Selfie sticks, hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices, flags, and banners
- Tripods or monopod stands
We reserve the right to prohibit the use or storage of any other item not listed above that we determine may be harmful or disruptive, in our sole and absolute discretion.
Attendee Courtesy and Attire Policies
- Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could distract from the experience of other attendees.
- Please show common courtesy to fellow attendees, conference staff, and venue staff by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive, or offensive behavior, jumping lines, or saving places in lines for others.
- Registered attendees are encouraged to visit the Exhibit Hall during posted general attendee open hours. If you are a registered attendee, and your company is exhibiting, and you also have an exhibit-only designation on your badge, you are allowed in the Exhibit Hall during closed hours.
- The PAINWeek Exhibit Hall is not open to the general public. PAINWeek does not offer an Exhibit Hall-only badge. If you would like to enter the Exhibit Hall you must purchase a full access registration.
- All winners must be physically present to win.
- For raffle prizes, the winning number will be announced 3 times. You must physically claim your prize by the third announcement. No prize will be provided to you once the new number is called out.
- One prize per person for the duration of the conference.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, PAINWeek supports the equity and inclusion of individuals with disabilities for whom reasonable accommodations will be provided.
“Reasonable accommodations” may include: assistive listening devices, alternative formats, sign language interpreters, or seats closer to the front of a course room. Disability accommodations at a given event require a minimum of three weeks’ prior notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Service animal” means a dog or miniature horse that is trained to do work or perform tasks for, and to assist, an individual with a disability. All other animals, including emotional support, comfort, or companion animals, are not considered service animals.
- Service animals should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times.
- While the venue is pet friendly, please refrain from bringing your pet into the conference meeting spaces.
Photo and Video Policy
Audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed for personal use, but not during the CME/CE scientific sessions or sponsored programs. No webcasting or live streaming is permitted.
Audio recording, video recording, photography, webcasting, or live streaming for commercial or journalistic use is strictly prohibited at all conference activities. Commercial entities including exhibitors intending on doing any of the above must request written permission in advance of a conference from both PAINWeek and the venue.
PAINWeek staff and/or authorized contractors will be taking photographs and video material at PAINWeek events and will reproduce them in educational, news, or promotional material, whether in print, electronic, or other media, including websites. By participating at PAINWeek events, you automatically grant PAINWeek the right to use your name, photograph, and biography for such purposes. All postings become the property of PAINWeek. Postings may be displayed, distributed, or used by PAINWeek for any purpose.
Furthermore, you acknowledge the right of PAINWeek to crop, splice, treat, and edit any photographs taken of you at the sole discretion of PAINWeek. You waive your right to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to you.
You agree to release, defend, and hold harmless PAINWeek and its agents or employees, including any firm publishing and/or distributing the finished product in whole or in part, from and against any claims, damages, or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion, or in the taking, processing, reduction, or production of the finished product, its publication, or distribution.
- We reserve the right to deny admission, prevent entry, or require a person already admitted to leave PAINWeek without refund, liability, or compensation, for failure to comply with any of these rules, for unsafe, illegal, or offensive behavior, to ensure safety, security, or order, if we consider that the circumstances otherwise so require, in our sole and absolute discretion.
- We may from time to time, in our sole and absolute discretion, without prior notice and without refund, liability, or compensation, change the course hours, cancel a course, restrict the number of persons having access to a room, and/or suspend or cancel any program if we consider that the circumstances so require.
- We are not responsible for loss or damage of belongings or property, consistent with applicable law.
By registering for and attending PAINWeek, you hereby agree that you accept the terms stated above and indemnify and hold harmless PAINWeek, its affiliates, and their respective directors, employees, and agents (including, without limitation, any agent acting on its behalf) from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, or debt, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) resulting from attendance at a PAINWeek event.